I went to the Overseas Christian Fellowship (OCF) meeting with Samy on Friday night (Aleee i think you would have liked it!), since I didn't have any other plans anw, hoho (: But i'm really glad I went - It was basically all Singaporeans and Malaysians, more of the latter but I guess we all fit nicely together in the same room(: They were the friendliest bunch of people and it was really a helleva lot of fun :D Started off in a chapel on campus, then walked (yes we walk everywhere here :( ) to Food Alley in town, most Asian food, i like! It's a weekly thing so i'll probably go with Samy every week now (: It's a bit of home away from home, all the people who, I suppose like me, found themselves a bit lost in a foreign (albeit not as much for me, but still) country with foreign people.
Went for the Unilodge (where i'm living) BBQ on Sat afternoon, too. Tried to meet some people. But everyone I met were foreign students on exchange for like a semester! Really interesing though, I must say! One girl from Brazil, one from Germany, one guy from Japan, a couple from Denmark, a girl from Japan or Korea... YEAH MAN! Free food anyway, so it was good (:
I guess if anyone who was looking to study overseas for Uni were to ask me for a tidbit of advice, the most valuable thing I would tell them would be "don't think, just run", when put in context, don't over-analyse and just do. Which works for me seeing as I tend to worry and think way too much for my own good (here nick is nodding profusely haha). The initial few weeks will be hard, but I think if you actively look for things to do, places to go, people to meet, things will get so much more exciting and fun and interesting, and just so much easier. So that's what i'm still in the process of doing, I suppose. I've emailed the Auckland Uni Hockey Association, the Dessert Club (omg! DESSERT CLUB!) AND the Meat Club (WHAHAHA WHEN I COME BACK TO SG I MIGHT NOT BE MY SIZE ANYMORE, HUH HAHA) and I might brave the boys and head to touch rug this coming wed(: then the thing on Fridays too. Slowly getting there. Very, very slowly(:
Oh! And I got my very first letter in the mail yesterday!(: Thankss smiley Shaun, (when army lets you out long enough to read this) for making me feel very happy and loved(: AND for making me laugh hahaha(: <3
Okay back to Critical Legal Studies and Feminism, roar.
Missing you all many manys,
xoxo fran(:
p.s. I wanna go to the beach so badly! Nvm, 95 days to go(: